Thursday, April 8, 2010

3).What's on Broadway?

The Phantom of the Opera has been one of my favorite musicals. I was happy to see it was on Broadway currently. I normally don't keep up with Broadway because I watch movies. I also know that you can't really experience things like you would at a live production. It would be very interesting to see the Phantom of the Opera live however. I would purchase tickets for the show on-line so I could see exactly what I am buying and maybe compare prices. For instance, I would go to www.mytheatre.com and look under The Phantom of the Opera. It keeps you up-to-date by updating the site daily, not weekly. This site has all you need; directions, the address, distance, location, and tells you what kind of stage the performance is on.
When you go to this site it tells you what is playing that day and the next day. It tells you all the categories of shows to see. It tells you upcoming events and gives you discount ideas. Then it tells you the reviews given so you can decide if you want to see it or not based on critiques. You don't want to waste your money. Finally it shows you a calendar so you can see what fits in your schedule.
The hottest shows are undoubtedly the classics. Show goers have been saying that they love the Addams Family, The Lion King, and Wicked. I could only imagine what the shows live would be like. I loved watching the Addams family growing up. My all time favorite Disney Movie is The Lion King. And In Humanities and Literature I read and displayed a tri-fold of Wicked the Book vs The musical. I am intrigued by all of the leading shows on Broadway today.
I haven't seen any shows on Broadway. I have gone to school productions and saw my friend play Mary Magdalene in Jesus Christ Superstar. She was also a snail in A Year with Frog and Toad. I would love to see Lion King. I have always wanted to see it live and could never get up there or When it was on Ice in Pittsburgh I was in California. I want so badly to see it because It is and forever will be my favorite Disney movie. Julie Taymor directed the movie and show Stars include, Simba, Nala, Mufasa, Giraffes, Elephants, Birds, and so many more.
The Phantom of the Opera is the longest running musical. It has been going on since 1988 and has not end date. One musical that didn't last long was Legally Blond. My held auditions for the next Elle Woods. It seemed like it would be a good show to watch. However it didn't last. It started in Feb. 2007 and ended in 2008 after showing a handful of performances

No comments:

Post a Comment