Thursday, April 15, 2010

7). Theater in My life

I am admittingly a quiet person. I love silence.
I love the open world and natural sounds
of the leaves reaction to the wind. When I set out
into college life I have to change my role. I have
to be more talkative or i will be considered stuck up.
I walk out of my room and into a hallway full of people
and put on a smile in a high pitched voice and say HI! to
everyone. Just like when I work with kids. I worked at a
nursery
school. Hi everyone are you ready to sing today!?
I press
pause in my life to be a teacher and friendly because
it's what
I have been wanting to do.
I work, now, as an Endodontist's assistant. I sterilize and clean
and set up I barely talk to the patients. There is another
assistant for that. That is my time to myself even though I am
working I can just be to myself and get things done. I enjoy it.
I enjoy lots of things. But I have to transform from my quiet self
into a fun happy bubbly person to do the things I'm passionate
about. I'm a teacher.I love little kids. I want so much to enjoy
my quiet time in the evenings and spend my days being a great
teacher. When I am enjoying my quiet time noise annoys me.
Another example of my transformation is from school to home. I am
a hard working dedicated person.I am smart and I love it. I pride
myself on it because it's a talent and I'm not always great at
other
things. From the time I am in school to the time I get home I am
smart. When I get home, don't ask me anything because I wont care
to give you an answer. I am a slob I am lazy. Like a switch
I turn off. It is a rare occasion that I will do work on a weekend
or over a break. This class is an exception because this is an
important semester for me I have to set all things aside for My
Praxis test. This is the only time I don't care so much about my
grades because If I Fail the one thing that decides if I can be
the one thing I'm passionate for then It wont matter if I stay on
Dean's list.
Theater in my life means there's never a dull moment. I'm a
comedian. I love to laugh and I'm funny without trying to be funny.
Things just come out of my mouth. I can be a really serious, and
really dramatic. My facial expressions are easy to read. When I'm
mad it's very expressive. When I tell stories I have very dramatic
story telling qualities and gestures. I'm very quick on my feet I
can improv. with ease. I took an intro to theater class in high
school and we would have to get up in front of the class in
whatever character the teacher told use to be in. I loved it.
I love being someone else. I love pretending. I have a wild
imagination. I run with it. My best friend and I went to Kennywood
once under different secret identities. We have no idea why we did
this. We just wanted to have some fun. We always said when we road
trip anywhere we would become difference characters. We might be
more realistic once.Last time I was in the WNBA and I knew nothing
about basketball.Theater in my life is fun and interesting. I just
hope my skills translate into my teaching ability and I lose my
nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment